Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice (“Notice”) describes how S2E Software Systems B.V. (“S2E”, “we”, “us”) collects, uses, and shares the Personal Information, as defined below, of our users who access the https://www.s2e-systems.com website (“Website”), our social media pages, software applications, email communications, and all other digital services. Please read this Notice carefully to understand S2E’s practices regarding your Personal Information and how it will be treated.
“Personal information” is information that may either alone or in combination with other information potentially identify you as a specific individual. Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, your full name, email address, employer, job title, a home or other physical address, a phone number, or other contact information.
S2E is the controller responsible for the personal data collected via the Website as it determines how and why the personal data is used.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
As you interact with S2E through this website and other digital services, we may collect Personal Information in the following ways:
Personal Information provided by you
- Contact information, such as your name, email address, and the name of your employer
- Resumes, CVs, personal references, and other employee candidate data you submit when you apply for a position at S2E
- Communications and other feedback, including questions, software bug reports, and other messages you address to us directly through email, GitHub or other online forums
- Serial numbers or other IT system details which are necessary to issue licenses for our software products
Personal Information we automatically collect
- Certain technical information from your browser, such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other data about your visit to this site;
- Specific interactions with our website (such as which pages you viewed, in what order, and how long you engaged with each page);
- Tools such as cookies, which are described below with more detail, and other local storage used by websites and web browsers to maintain information regarding your previous activities on a site; and
- Technical details that occur in conjunction with any errors you may encounter.
Personal information we collect using cookies
Personal Information we collect using analytics tools
We may use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To Further an Established Business Relationship. We may use collected information to configure orders or contact you as necessary to fulfill orders you have placed for S2E products, services, or events. We may also contact you to ask for your feedback about a product, service, or event.
- To Send You Promotional Materials. We may also use your information to fulfill your requests, including, but not limited to, requests to receive promotional materials. Promotional materials may include information regarding S2E events, products, or services. We may also use your information to share other services or products that may be of interest to you. Promotional materials may be conveyed in emails. If you no longer wish to receive these materials, you may opt-out by following the opt-out instructions included in our emails.
- To Improve Our Services. We may use your information to personalize your experience on this site and to improve the security, design, and/or function of this site.
- To provide You With Customer Support. We may use your Personal Information to complete and fulfill your purchased licenses, services, or other transactions, including processing your payments, communicate with you regarding your order, or provide you with relevant updates on our products or services, and provide you with related customer support. We may also contact you to ask for your feedback about a product, service, or event.
- To Comply With Legal Obligations. We may use your Personal Information or any information you submitted via this site if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) enforce a legal agreement; (ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iii) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of S2E, our users, yourself, or the public.
S2E shares your personal information in the following ways:
- For other reasons with your explicit consent.
S2E does not sell your data to anyone for any purpose.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and encrypted using passwords and other secure systems.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in any unauthorized way.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact Data and Identity Data) for seven years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect of our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your personal data as stated in the Legal Right section this Notice.
In some circumstances we will anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access: You have the right to request for copies of your personal data. We may charge a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any information you might believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete information you believe in incomplete.
- The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we erase your personal data under certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request that we restrict processing the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request that we transfer the personal data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain circumstances.
If you make a request we have 30 working days to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights please contact us using the information available in the Contact Information section of this notice.
Changes to this notice
S2E keeps its privacy notice under regular review and any updates will be published on this website and notified to you by email when relevant. This notice was last updated on 20th of February 2024.
If you have any questions about our privacy notice, the personal information we hold on you, or if you would like to exercise any of your data protection rights please do not hesitate to contact us.
Email us at: email@example.com
By post at: S2E Software Systems B.V., St. Jacobstraat 125, 3511BP Utrecht, The Netherlands